Tenacious Estate Attorney Working For You And Your Family
Attorney Sally Babbitt, principal at Babbitt Legal Group, PC, has over 20 years of experience in estate planning and probate law. She is a compassionate and knowledgeable guide for her clients, while not shying away from the tough issues that can be part of the estate planning and administration process. From crafting an estate plan to providing trustee services, through mediation and litigation if necessary, Sally provides comprehensive estate services for individuals, business owners and agriculture clients in Lansing.
She can help with:
- Estate issues such as wills, trusts, and probate
- Mediation and litigation in estate matters
- Trustee services to oversee execution of the estate
Establishing an estate plan will affect how your loved ones are cared for in the event of your death or incapacity. You want an experienced attorney to inform your decisions and guide you through the process. Sally is a well-respected lawyer who will get to know you and your specific needs and help craft an estate plan tailored to you.
Bringing Insight And Integrity To Estate Planning
Sally understands that dealing with estate matters can sometimes be contentious. She strives to take the stress out of the process for her clients. She put her years of experience into a book about contested probate matters called “When the Gloves Come Off: Why America’s Families Are Fighting Each Other in Court,” which is available on both BookBaby and Amazon.
A Respected Member Of Her Profession And Community
Sally is active in the community and is a sought-after speaker. A selection of her involvement includes:
- Board member of the Resolution Services Center of Central Michigan
- Past board member of St. Luke Lutheran Church
- Past board member of the Eaton Rapids Medical Center Foundation
- Member of the Eaton County Bar Association
- Recent outgoing co-chair of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Ingham County Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan’s Appellate Section, Agricultural Law Section, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, and Probate and Estate Planning Section, and the American Agricultural Law Association where she was a returning speaker at the 2016 Annual Symposium.
- She testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee regarding proposed legislation to amend the Estates and Protected Individuals Code; September 15, 2020.
- She testified as an expert witness in a jury trial regarding breach of fiduciary duty of a trustee, November 2017
- She spoke to the Delta-Waverly Rotary Club about her book and related topics on May 17, 2022
- She spoke to the Delta Kiwanis Club about her book and related topics in August, 2022
In addition, Sally has served as president of the Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council, past board member of the Women Lawyer’s Association, adjunct professor at Thomas M. Cooley Law School and Baker College, and was named as one of Lawyer’s Weekly’s Up and Coming Lawyers. She earned a certificate from the Institute of Continuing Legal Education in probate and estate planning and frequently speaks and publishes on estate and probate topics. Sally was recently interviewed for the Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly in the article, “Staying out of Trouble.”
Start Putting Your Estate In Order Today
Don’t put off planning your estate any longer. Let Sally work on your behalf to draft an estate plan for you and your family. Call her at 517-507-3306 or contact her online.